Monday, 7 April 2014

Peaches Geldof: Daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates dies aged 25


Peaches GeldofPeaches Geldof, pictured in 2012

Related Stories

Peaches Geldof, second daughter of musician Bob Geldof and the late Paula Yates, has died aged 25, leaving a husband and two sons.
"We are beyond pain," said her father, confirming her death. "She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us."
Police, who were called to an address in Kent around lunchtime on Monday, say the death is currently being treated as "unexplained and sudden".
Geldof was 11 when her own mother died.
TV presenter Yates died of an accidental drug overdose in September 2000. In September 2012 Geldof said she did not come to terms with her mother's death for several years.
Her final tweet, posted on Sunday, linked to an Instagram picture of her, as a baby, in her mother's arms.
The caption simply read: "Me and my mum."
Peaches Geldof's final tweetPeaches Geldof's final tweet was a picture of herself as a young child, held by her mother
Bob Geldof said: "How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable?
"We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is."
In a statement, Kent Police said: "Police were called at 13:35 BST on 7 April, 2014 to an address near Wrotham following a report of concern for the welfare of a woman.
"A woman aged 25 was pronounced dead by South East Coast Ambulance Service.
"Officers are working to establish the circumstances around the death."
Peaches GeldofGeldof attended a fashion show in London last week
The writer and TV presenter was married to musician Thomas Cohen, with whom she had two sons, Astala, one, and Phaedra, who will turn one on 24 April.

Bob Geldof's statement

Peaches has died. We are beyond pain. She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us.
Writing "was" destroys me afresh. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable? We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is.
Tom and her sons Astala and Phaedra will always belong in our family, fractured so often, but never broken.
Bob, Jeanne, Fifi, Pixie and Tiger Geldof.
"My beloved wife Peaches was adored by myself and her two sons," said Cohen in a statement.
"I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts everyday. We shall love her forever."
'Numb' about mother
Born in 1989, Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof embarked on a media career at the age of 15, when she began writing a column for Elle magazine.
She left home at 16 and went on to contribute to the Telegraph and the Guardian, as well as TV shows including ITV2's OMG! with Peaches Geldof.
She also worked as a model and, just last week, attended a launch for Tesco's F&F clothing range in London.
Peaches Geldof and Thomas CohenGeldof married Thomas Cohen, lead singer of the band SCUM, in 2012
Yates's death came after she split with Bob Geldof and formed a relationship with INXS frontman Michael Hutchence, who then died in 1997.
"I remember the day my mother died, and it's still hard to talk about it," Peaches told Elle in 2012.
"I just blocked it out. I went to school the next day because my father's mentality was 'keep calm and carry on'," she said.
"So we all went to school and tried to act as if nothing had happened. But it had happened. I didn't grieve. I didn't cry at her funeral. I couldn't express anything because I was just numb to it all. I didn't start grieving for my mother properly until I was maybe 16."
Peaches Geldof, Rosario Dawson and Pippa Middleton at London Fashion WeekGeldof was a regular face at London Fashion Week, and is seen here with Rosario Dawson (second left) and Pippa Middleton (centre)
Geldof said she had experimented with drugs as a teenager, but was "never that wild".
She was previously married to rock musician Max Drummey but the pair separated in 2009 after a six-month marriage.
She leaves her husband and sons; father Bob Geldof; sisters Fifi Trixibelle and Pixie; and younger half-sister, Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof.

Source: BBC News

Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Nina Davuluri under racist attack after Miss America victory







First winner of Indian heritage and aspiring doctor says 

she will rise above attacks on social media 





Winner Nina Davuluri said: 'I'm thankful there are children watching at home who can finally relate to a new Miss America.' Photograph: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images

The Miss America pageant has crowned its first winner from an Indian background – an aspiring doctor who plans to use the $50,000 (£31,000) prize money to fund her studies – sparking a flood of racist criticism on social media.
"I'm so happy this organisation has embraced diversity," 24-year-old Nina Davuluri said in her first press conference, moments after winning the crown in Atlantic City. "I'm thankful there are children watching at home who can finally relate to a new Miss America."
But within minutes of winning the title, Davuluri, whose talent routine was a Bollywood fusion dance, was the target of racist social media comments.
If you're #Miss America you should have to be American," said one on Twitter.
"WHEN WILL A WHITE WOMAN WIN #MISSAMERICA? Ever??!!" asked another.
Davuluri, however, brushed aside the negative comments.
"I have to rise above that," she said. "I always viewed myself as first and foremost American."
Her grandmother told the Associated Press that she cried when she saw the news on television.
"I am very, very, happy for the girl. It was her dream and it was fulfilled," 89-year-old V Koteshwaramma said by phone from her home in the city of Vijaywada, in southern India.
In the run-up to the pageant, much attention was given to Miss Kansas, Theresa Vail, an army sergeant believed to have been the first contestant ever to openly display tattoos. She has the Serenity Prayer on her rib cage, and a smaller military insignia on the back of one shoulder.
Vail won a nationwide "America's choice" vote to advance as a semi-finalist, but failed to make it into the top 10.
In a Twitter message on Sunday before the finals began, Vail wrote: "Win or not tonight, I have accomplished what I set out to do. I have empowered women. I have opened eyes."
The pageant pitted 53 contestants – one from each state, plus Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands – in swimming wear, evening gown, talent and interview competitions.


Monday, 16 September 2013

Miley Cyrus split from Liam Hemsworth?

Wrecking Ball singer unfollows fiance on Twitter

 
 

According to pals, hunky Liam has been told being associated with the increasingly risque star could damage his reputation.



In this day and age, nothing can hint firmer at relationship issues than a Twitter unfollow.
 
And although Twerker extraordinaire Miley Cyrus has been at pains to maintain her relationship with hunky fiancé Liam Hemsworth is as fruity as any VMA show – in a rather public slap in the face she has unfollowed her husband-to-be.

It comes as the gorgeous Australian was forced to deny reports of “sexting” crude messages to Hollywood actress January Jones.

The social media clanger is strong message to Liam – as active Twitter user Miley must have known exactly what she was doing - we don't reckon her finger slipped. Liam, 23, still follows the former Disney star.

Wrecking Ball singer Miley’s relationship with Liam has been more colourful than anything her foam finger has seen – with the couple reportedly breaking up multiple times in the last year.

Six months ago it was rumoured Liam got “hot and heavy” with Mad Men star January at a pre-Oscar bash. Just two weeks ago the Hunger Games actor reportedly sent saucy texts to the X- men actress.

The romantic text said: “I want to f**k you” – according to US weekly. Lovely.
 
According to Hollywood heavyweights Miley Cyrus' hunky fiancé Liam was told to distance himself from the former Disney star - for the sake of his career after that VMA show.
 
The young couple got engaged in June 2012 after meeting  Cyrus on the set of The Last Song in 2009.

Apparently gorgeous actor Liam is "mortified" by his wife-to-be's VMA performance with Robin Thicke and has been warned to stay away from any association with the star.

Highlights included some raunchy twerking, a foam finger and more gyrating than a nightclub at 1am.

According to pals: "Liam really does care about Miley, but her racy new look and sort of ghetto attitude isn’t exactly what he signed up for.

"He doesn’t really see anything sexy about what she did on stage."

Radar Online reports: "It’s not just Liam that Miley is pushing away…his entire team is urging him to part ways with her because she’s nothing but negative for his reputation and career."

Friends say the Australian is determined to become a "serious actor" and Miley's performance embarrassed him - we just hope they kiss and make-up.

Former Disney sweetheart Miley's VMA performance was also slammed as sexual exploitation by a leading parents group.

The Parents Television Council has called for “heads to roll” at MTV after Miley’s raunchy performance with Robin aired on the family orientated show.

Miley’s nude latex bikini and sexual moves have angered and bemused celebrities, parents and fellow acts.

The Parents Television Council also slammed MTV for allowing condom adverts and an explicit movie trailer to air during several commercial breaks.

In a highly charged statement the group said: “MTV continues to sexually exploit young women by promoting acts that incorporate ‘twerking’ in a nude-colored bikini.

Modestly, she hides her face in the series of snaps (but we're betting she had her tongue out).

Viewers took to Twitter to express their disgust after watching the performance on television.
One person wrote: "Miley Cyrus completely embarrassing herself at the #VMA awards. Jesus have some self respect, there's called being sexy, then just darn ugly."
 
Another tweeter added: "I really want to go to sleep but I'm really worried Miley Cyrus might be hiding in my closet."
 
And another person simply wrote: "Miley Cyrus that was disturbing."

However, Miley hasn't yet spoken out about any controversy she may have caused but did take time to send her congratulations to One Direction who won the award for Best Song of the Summer for their track Best Song Ever.
 
Leaving before the band collected their prize, when they were booed, she tweeted: "Leaving the VMAs. No it's not over. I'm no psychic but congrats @onedirection #songofthesummer."
 
Following suit, her partner in slime Robin Thicke was dressed like Beetlejuice employed in Foot Locker.

Source: mirror.co.uk

Saturday, 14 September 2013

This secret WAR is already affecting your way of life…



This is important…

There is a secret WAR happening right now…

The target? Your Privacy!

In recent times our personal privacy from Government and large corporations has become virtually non-existent…

We, as a free country, should be able to share only the information we want to share…

>> Watch this shocking video that’s already affecting you <<

Government have proven time and time again they are not qualified to care for our private data…

With identity theft being the fastest growing crime in America we all need to take action to protect ourselves…

If you don’t, you can become victim and lose everything , literally overnight…

>> Watch this shocking video that’s already affecting you <<

Watch this important video and you’ll realize just how important it is for you to protect yourself starting now…

Please share this port with your fellow 
patriots as this also affects them…

Monday, 22 July 2013

Baby Royal: A boy born to Kate

Kensington Palace announced moments ago: "The Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a baby boy"
The baby was delivered at 16:24 BST at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, west London, weighing 8lb 6oz.
Duchess and the baby were "doing well" and would stay in hospital overnight.
An ornate easel in the forecourt of Buckingham Palace is displaying the news  in line with tradition.
A bulletin - signed by the Queen's gynaecologist Marcus Setchell - was taken by a royal aide from St Mary's to the palace under police escort.
The document said: "Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4.24pm today.
"Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well."
The Kensington Palace press release said the Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth.
"The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and members of both families have been informed and are delighted with the news," it stated.
The Prince of Wales said he and the Duchess of Cornwall were "overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild".
"It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy," he added.
"Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone's life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future."
Prime Minister David Cameron Tweeted: "I'm delighted for the Duke and Duchess now their son has been born. The whole country will celebrate. They'll make wonderful parents."
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg Tweeted: "Congratulations to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Good news to make the whole country smile."
And Labour leader Ed Miliband, also Tweeted: "Many congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I wish them and their son all happiness and good health."
Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond said: "I am sure that people across Scotland will be absolutely thrilled to hear the news of the birth of a baby boy to the Royal couple and will want to join me in wishing the proud parents many congratulations."

Saturday, 14 July 2012

Sage Stallone - Sylvester's Son Dies Of Overdose



Exclusive
0713_sage_stallone_suicide_dead_article

update_bar
 
UPDATE 10:22 PM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell us ... Sage's death does NOT appear to be a suicide.  We're told there was NO suicide note found at the scene.

Sources tell us officials DID find "numerous empty pill bottles" in the area where Sage's body was discovered. No word on what types of medication the pill bottles were for.
We're told an autopsy is scheduled for some time in the next 48 hours.

UPDATE 5:15 PM PT: 
Sylvester Stallone's rep, Michelle Bega, tells TMZ, "Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son Sage Stallone.  His compassion and thoughts are with Sage's mother, Sasha.  Sage was a very talented and wonderful young man.  His loss will be felt forever."

6:04 PM PT:
Now here's a crazy picture -- the L.A. County Coroner van, flanked by a celebrity tour filled with snap-happy tourists. Welcome to Hollywood, folks.

0713_coronoer_van_2 
Sage Stallone -- Sylvester Stallone's son -- has died and sources tell us the cause was an overdose of pills.

The details surrounding the death are still unclear .. but we're told he was found in his L.A. home by either a maid or his girlfriend. Paramedics were called to the home and pronounced him dead at the scene.

0713_sage_house_tmz
Sources tell us authorities are trying to determine if the death was intentional or accidental.

We're told Sylvester is a "wreck."

Sage famously made his film debut alongside his father in the 1990 movie "Rocky 5" -- playing the role of Rocky's son Robert Balboa.

0713_sage_stallone_suicide_dead_article_sub
He went on to act and direct in several films ... including the 1996 film "Daylight."

Sage's mother is Sasha Czack.
0713_coronoer_van_2 
Source: www.tmz.com

Monday, 18 June 2012

Rodney King, whose videotaped beating prompted LA race riots, dies aged 47

King's savage beating by Los Angeles police officers came to represent a nadir in race relations in recent US history


Rodney King
Rodney King in April 2012. Photograph: Shannon Stapleton/Reuters

Rodney King, whose savage beating at the hands of Los Angeles police officers led to widespread rioting and a reassessment of race-relations in America, has died.
The 47-year-old's body was discovered by his fiancee at his swimming pool in Rialto, California, early Sunday morning.
Police pulled King from the water but were unable to resuscitate him. Foul play is not thought to have played a part in the death of a man whose life will forever be associated with one night of brutal violence, and its long-lasting impact on American society.
In an interview with the Guardian just last month, King acknowledged the role that his beatings played in the narrative of modern race-relations in the US.
"I'm comfortable with my position in American history," he said.
The incident that elevated King to a national symbol of racial prejudice occurred on 3 March 1991.
In the early morning hours of that day, the then-25-year-old was subjected to vicious assault at the hands of four white police officers at the side of a highway in Los Angeles.
King, on parole for a robbery conviction at the time, was surrounded by officers following a high-speed police chase through the city.
Lying on ground, he proceeded to be pummelled by the cops, who he later alleged yelled: "We are going to kill you, nigger."
The attack left King with severe injuries including a fractured skull and damage to internal organs. Three surgeons operated for five hours on his badly beaten body.
He said of the attack in an interview with the Guardian: "It was like being raped, stripped of everything, being beaten near to death there on the concrete, on the asphalt.
"I just knew how it felt to be a slave. I felt like I was in another world."
In all, King received 55 baton blows and six kicks to his body, all of which were captured on video by a nearby resident George Holliday, who came out to his balcony after being woken by sirens.
He later passed the footage on to a local TV network, from which it was soon taken up by media across the country.
Four officers were later charged over the beating, but a three-month trial resulted in three of the policemen being acquitted by a majority white jury. A mistrial was ruled for the fourth defendant after jurors deadlocked.
The verdicts were met with widespread anger in the black community, leading to violent clashes and looting in downtown LA.
On the third day of the destruction, King made a public statement calling for calm.
"People, I just want to say, can we all get along? Can we get along?" he said. But the rioting continued.
In all, some 53 people are thought to have died in the 1992 clashes, with an estimated $1bn in damage caused to property.
It marked a nadir in modern American race-relations and left a mark on the country for many years.
King was also left with permanent scars from the attack. In later life he battled alcoholism and on a number of occasions was stopped by police for driving offences.
The full details surrounding his death were not immediately clear, but Rialto police said it was launching a drowning investigation.
Reacting to the news, Rev Al Sharpton described King as "a symbol of civil rights".
In a statement, the black community leader added: "History will record that it was Rodney King's beating and his actions that made America deal with the excessive misconduct of law enforcement."